The mission of Trace Academy is to educate our children by guiding them to explore God’s world, discover their place in it and develop their character, intellect and imagination.
At Trace Academy, we desire to educate our children to become young adults who love learning, are academically prepared for high school and beyond, know their place in God’s world, and exhibit solid biblical character.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative and inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe that there is one God, who is all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful. He exists eternally in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Col. 1:16-19, Matt. 3:16-17, 2 Cor. 13:14).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was fully God and fully man, and suffered death on a cross. We believe that He rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and He will return again in power and glory (Heb. 1, I Peter 2:24, Acts 1:9-11).
- We believe salvation is a gift from God, that comes only by grace through faith in His only son, Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8-9, John 3:14-17).
- We believe that all believers should live a life worthy of the calling God has placed on them (Eph. 4:1).
- We believe it is our responsibility as believers to show others the truth of the gospel, through our words and our actions (Acts 1:8).
- We believe that all will be raised, both followers of Jesus Christ, and the “lost.” Followers of Jesus Christ will be raised to eternal life and the lost to eternal suffering (John 5:26-29).
Trace Academy’s teaching approach incorporates a rigorous curriculum. The school is purposeful in encouraging and fostering a love for learning in all educational activities. The methods of teaching incorporate lectures, interactive discussions, literature enriched learning, integral and experiential learning and engaging the whole person through auditory, visual and kinesthetic activities. Trace intentionally keeps a small class size, with a maximum of 12 students in each class. This allows teachers to develop personal relationships with the students. Trace teachers genuinely care about their students academically, but also in building character and strengthening their faith. School uniforms also help Trace Academy achieve academic excellence by removing clothing distractions and comparisons to better focus on academics.
Trace Academy holds to the conviction that all true wisdom and knowledge come from God, therefore all subjects are taught from the perspective that God created this knowledge. As God’s image bearers, we are called to reflect the character of our creative, redemptive God and to live according to His truth. Therefore, we seek to teach redemptively- that is, to employ biblical principles in all aspects of the educational process. Scripture memory verses are integral to the learning process in the classroom and at home. In addition, each student is equipped and encouraged in developing a love for God and a vital relationship with Christ. At the end of the school year, every student is given a Character Award reflecting Godly character that has been observed in the student’s life. Trace also emphasizes a heart for missions, incorporating outreach events for every grade level during the Christmas and Easter season. Additionally, the entire school studies the topic of missions every three years.
Trace has a specific hierarchy of authority consisting of the Board of Directors and the Management Team, which serves under the Board. Teaching Teams and other school staff serve under the Management Team.
Trace Academy is a community of believers who come together to educate their children. Every parent at Trace contributes to the school in some way: working on campus, chaperoning field trips, serving in leadership, and helping at Trace events. In order for Trace to be successful, it is vital to foster and maintain healthy and authentic community. Therefore, intentional and regular touch points are incorporated into the school calendar to give opportunities to work together, fellowship, celebrate and get to know each other better. Please refer to the Events section of this handbook for a listing of these community touch points scheduled throughout the school year.
Trace Academy intentionally incorporates a shortened school day, giving time to foster relationships within the family and the Trace community. This shortened school day allows parents to become involved in their child’s education by coaching children in homework. It also allows the student opportunities for extracurricular activities and play.
As a parent-led school, Trace Academy is able to offer an excellent education at a more affordable cost than many other private schools. At Trace Academy, a parent from every family is assigned a job for each school year. Parents fulfill their job commitments by working on campus to help run the school. This in turn helps to keep costs at a minimum and tuition low.